Oracle’s Java SE 8u40 update release notes platform is an advanced platform that has enlisted all its problems and solutions in several Java FX features. The new features that have been added by Java developers are meant to attract various bug fixes and also many other installations. Well, there are many typecast features which have been supported in this version that includes accessibility, spinner control, standard and custom dialogs and also text formatting. Let’s take a walk at all those features which need to be discussed.
Accessibility: It is termed as a degree to which devices, products and services are made available. The accessibility function deals with providing graphical content to the blind people.
- The key function of Java FX support functionality: In general terms, Java FX supports functionality on two main platforms: Windows and Mac OS X platform. It helps providing the support for reading Java FX controls, then by giving Java FX controls which can be changed and are traversable by using the keyboard and third by providing high contract mode that are visible to the users.
- Java FX support to accessibility: It provides help by adding the properties javafx.scene.Node for the class:
- accessibleRoleProperty function: The node’s accessible value is determined by using a value of the javafx.scene.AccessibleRole that helps indentifying the control to the screen reader.
- accessibleRoledescriptionProperty function: Whenever a role is assigned to a node, the reader can fully read the role along with its content. And when this property is set, the role is already predefined.
- accessibleTextProperty function: The node’s accessible text is the string that the screen reader will have to read.
- accessibleHelpProperty function: This provides a node’s accessible text.
Also Read: MEAN Stack Apps for Developers
It is here when javafx.scene.control.Label’s labelFor function is used to provide information to the reader. Then, there is a stage where Java FX provides an advanced API with accessing accessibility state.
- The listing of standard dialogs that Java FX supports: It supports the choice, alert and the text-input standard dialogs. Talking about the alert dialog, it provides a confirmation message. Then the choice dialog, it provides the list of options that one can choose very easily.
- Alerts that are supported in Java FX: This language supports the alert dialogs via javafx.scene.control.Alert class and it’s nested by using the AlertType enum.
- Creation of custom dialogs: Custom dialogs can be created by using javafx.scene.control.Dialog<R> which serves as a wrapper to present a common stage in Java language.
Spinner control: It is a single line text-field that selects an ordered sequence value. Spinners allow listing of important data and then wrapping the maximum value back.
- Implementation in spinner: Spinner can be implemented by using the IntegerSpinnerValueFactory, DoubleSpinnerValueFactory, and ListSpinnerValueFactory classes.
Text formatting: It can be used by providing javafx.scene.control.TextFormatter<V> along with the help of nested class.
- Supporting of text formatting: It supports two kinds of text formatting. They are change and value.
Thus, the features added by Java developers in Java FX supports are the core in Java programming language. Thus, these are the supporters that can be used with reliability and efficiency.